Sunday, February 17, 2013

Holy quiche!

I made something delicious.
Something marvelous.
Something rich and fabulous.

I made QUICHE.

Specifically, spinach tofu quiche. This one!

TOFU QUICHE!

This recipe utilizes silken tofu blended with spices and white miso for a creamy, filling quiche. I used a prepared crust like it suggested in the recipe, but there are tons of vegan pie crust recipes out there if you wanted to do that.

Pictures!

"I'm about to get BAKED!"

The smell of this baking was incredible. I thought I was in a bakery. Though I knew I wasn't since all my stuff was here and I was in my pajamas (not something I would ever wear to a bakery) but still. BAKERY.

Once it was done, I had a piece to test it out.

Testing 1, 2, Quiche...

After that, I promptly had a second and contemplated a third but held back to SAVE it for later. This morning, I had two more pieces for breakfast and reveled in the majesty so it was worth it. The flavor is so rich, but not overly so because the spinach balances it out really well. It's heavier on greens, rather than sauce, so you can hork down two pieces in your pajamas and don't feel like you have a boulder in your stomach. TOTAL AWESOME BONUS!

Go make some! Let me know how you liked it! Or don't! You can't have some of mine though. That's spoken for.

FYI: The next recipe challenge will be posted on or before (likely before) 3/15!

Bye!

No comments: